Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fears, Reservations and Hopes

My fears about this year are, of course total and abysmal failure (which I have with most of the projects I undertake) and also the pressures of "getting good grades." I also worry and ask the question, "Am I good enough to finish this and make it a learning experience instead of just a set of classes?" I am also really nervous about the ARP and will I be able to get it done in basically 6 months. I still have my reservations and curiosities about the style of teaching we have experienced so far. It is kind of a culture shock for me as I always went the traditional route of read the book, take notes on the lecture and then be awarded a grade based on two exams. I have never had the freedom to learn basically what I want to and get credit for it. Call me untrusting, but I am; I do have faith in the program and its leadership though.

My hopes are always larger than my expectations- call me skeptical, but I am. I do hope that I forge those relationships, both personal and professional that college is usually about. I missed the traditional experience, and I do not have those from my undergraduate schooling. I also hope that I can really and truly apply what I have learned on whatever campus I am working on. I also hope to be at the forefront of the huge revolution in education that I feel is coming. I look forward to day three and more Lego play.

No comments: